Just when you thought it was safe...another meme! Bwahahahahaa. Yes, it's the 20 facts meme.Write 20 random facts about yourself then tag the same amount of people as minutes it takes you to write the facts.
1. Amanda Tapping is my idol.
2. Nin (samjack_girl
) made the prettiest AT wallpaper EVER. *loves it beyond reason*
3. Insanely jealous of krisnreine
's talent and muse. I have no muse. Muse is dead.
4. Pool outside window is SO pretty in the sun. I don't swim in it often, but I love just looking at it. View from room
5. I'm hungry. But nothing in the pantry is looking any good right now. I want to go out to eat but I always think way too much about the cost.
6. I've been meaning to upload Moorpark photos for AGES. Will do that soon.
7. And write rat post! I love my little ritty-rats.
8. I'm spending way too much time sitting in front of my computer this weekend. I don't want to, but I'm just SO far behind on flist.
9. I'm just boring, aren't I? *L* No one has responded to my last 4 posts, and I feel horrible for even bringing it up. But darn it, I can be shallow, too, and it makes me sad! Please no one take that personally.
10. I'm only half-way through? Oy...
11. Watched SG-1 and Atlantis the other night. Both rather "eh". SG-1...isn't even my show anymore (and darn it, I'm just SUCH a sucker for my ship that's all I can think about), and Atlantis...TPTB of Atlantis are just yanking everyone's chain, and it's annoying, even though I'm not really into that fandom. First they yank the Shep/Teyla shippers' chain, and then the Shep/Weir shippers' chain, and the McKay/Beckett slashers' a few episodes ago. They don't even have a point anymore, they just want to work up their fans.
12. You may have realized I picked this meme just to force me to write whatever came to mind...I think I need that permission to just ramble about whatever stupid little thing I'm thinking about and not feel guilty for clogging up the friendslist.
13. I feel like I have homework due tomorrow but I'm pretty sure I've done it all. Oh crap, that's right, I have a test. Will study tonight.
14. And another test Tuesday. Have read 2 out of 3 chapters for it and must really finish that 3rd one. But it's just SO stupid. It's all either basic biology I've heard before, or technical stuff I just don't have the energy to wrap my brain around because it won't be on the test anyway.
15. Must observe my Show animal before Wednesday. Maybe one of the pigs...or the hornbills. I like it down by Clarence's enclosure. He's the Galapagos Tortoise. He's 82, huge, and just so cute and slow. Plus his enclosure is out of the way and overlooking the Valley. It's a beautiful view and all you can hear is the windchimes they hung in his enclosure. That's one of my favorite spots.
16. I got to howl with a wolf yesterday! I specifically asked the faculty whether I could howl with the wolf, Legend, and CJ the coyote, but they said I can only howl if they start it. Finally yesterday the wolf was howling, and I ran down there and joined in, and we kept howling back and forth. I've missed howling SO MUCH and it was absolutely magical to do it again.
17. I am hoping to get assigned as Schmoo the seas lion's trainer next year, but it is the most competitive assignment and a whole lotta work if you get it. But it would be so awesome to work with such an intelligent animal, and it would be an absolutely stellar highlight on my resume.
18. Loving it here, if that hasn't been obvious. Being surrounded by animals and animal-lovers all day, regardless of the fact that we don't get much direct interaction with them, is so absolutely thrilling.
19. It's been kinda weird, but I've been so caught up with school, and I fall asleep so early I never catch my news anymore (The Daily Show), and I've been oddly detached from the whole Katrina thing. I feel like I should be paying more attention to it, but it's just so hard to concentrate on that when I'm constantly caught up in my new life here.
20. Have started the Harry Potter book of doom. *L* I mean the Half-Blood Prince. I'm only on Chapter 2, and not much into it yet, but none of the kids has even shown up yet...we'll see.
And I don't really care about the tagging thing. It's just annoying all around, so I'll just end there :)